of his upcoming UFC middleweight t

Създайте нова тема   Напишете отговор    Horo.bg Форуми Форуми // Фестивали и конкурси
Предишната тема :: Следващата тема  
Автор Съобщение
lw789

МнениеПуснато на: Пон Ное 12, 2018 5:31 am    Заглавие: of his upcoming UFC middleweight t Отговорете с цитат
Vitor Belfort dropped out of his upcoming UFC middleweight title shot on Thursday a few hours after the Nevada Athletic Commission banned testosterone replacement therapy. Belfort was scheduled to fight 185-pound champion Chris Weidman at UFC 173 on May 24. His title shot was given to Lyoto Machida by UFC President Dana White. UFC 173 is the next major card in Las Vegas, the UFCs hometown. The influential Nevada commission voted unanimously on Thursday to stop granting therapeutic use exemptions for TRT, closing a widely criticized loophole that allowed mixed martial arts fighters to compete on steroids. "As other jurisdictions may follow suit, I am going to drop my TRT program and compete in MMA without it," Belfort said in a statement provided to Fox, the UFCs broadcast partner. "Given the time constraints involved between now and my proposed next bout in May, I have determined not to apply for a license to fight in Nevada at this time." The 36-year-old Belfort has been open about his use of synthetic testosterone in recent years. His sanctioned steroid use has coincided with a career resurgence for the former UFC light heavyweight champion, who won three consecutive bouts by early-round knockout in 2013 while fighting in his native Brazil. Belfort claimed he needed TRT because of low testosterone, an argument which generated wide criticism because he failed a drug test for elevated testosterone in 2006 following a bout in Las Vegas for the Pride promotion against Dan Henderson, another acknowledged TRT user. Use of performance-enhancing drugs can lower the users natural testosterone levels. Belfort hadnt fought in Nevada since February 2011, before his announced TRT use began. He had intended to apply for an exemption to use synthetic testosterone before UFC 173. White and the UFC have been increasingly critical of TRT use in recent months, with White telling The Associated Press in January he supported the elimination of therapeutic use exemptions for testosterone. White hailed the Nevada commissions ruling Thursday. "We believe our athletes should compete based on their natural abilities and on an even playing field," White said. "We also intend to honour this ruling in international markets where, due to a lack of governing bodies, the UFC oversees regulatory efforts for our live events. We encourage all athletic commissions to adopt this ruling." The Nevada commission had granted therapeutic use exemptions for several fighters in recent years, including contenders Chael Sonnen and Frank Mir, but had never approved synthetic testosterone for a fighter who had failed a drug test for anabolic steroids. Machida is another former UFC light heavyweight champion from Brazil. He is getting a title shot against Weidman in just his third bout at 185 pounds after winning four of his last five fights overall. Weidman took the title from longtime UFC champion Anderson Silva last July and defended it in a rematch in December when Silva broke his leg while kicking Weidmans knee. Weidman has been critical of Belforts testosterone use, once saying Belfort "looks like the Hulk now" and hoping the UFC wouldnt schedule their bout in Brazil, where drug testing is considered much less stringent than in the U.S. Stitched Miami Dolphins Jerseys . - Henrik Samuelsson and Curtis Lazar each had two goals and two assists as the Edmonton Oil Kings secured top spot in the Eastern Conference by defeating the host Red Deer Rebels 7-4 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action. Stitched Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys .com) - Joique Bells touchdown run in the fourth quarter gave the Detroit Lions a 20-14 victory over the Chicago Bears on Sunday. http://www.stitchednfljerseys.us.com/Stitched-San-Francisco-49ers-Nike-Jerseys-Cheap/. "It was a little weird looking over and seeing all the green uniforms," he said of his first game against the Boston Celtics. Stitched Carolina Panthers Jerseys .com) - Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer were among the third-round winners Friday at the French Open. Stitched Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys . Once again, the third baseman delivered in a big spot. Ramirez kept up his torrid hitting with a two-run homer to help back Wily Peraltas solid start, and the Brewers extended their winning streak to seven with a 4-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Friday night.Canadas Alex Gough came up just short in her quest for an Olympic medal in womens luge on Tuesday. Gough finished in fourth, 0.433 seconds behind American Erin Hamlin, who took the bronze medal at the Sanki Sliding Center in Rzhanaya Polyana. "I had great runs today and I knew it was going to be a long shot,"the 26-year-old slider from Calgary said. "It was tough to make a mistake on the first run, I knew I was going to have to fight back from that." Germanys Natalie Geisenberger captured gold with a combined time of 3:19.768, while defending Olympic champion Tatjana Hüfner finished with a silver medal, 1.139 seconds behind her German teammate. Geisenberger was the only slider to travel down the icy chute in under 50 seconds over the entire competition, setting a track record of 49.765 in her third run. Gough finished with a combined four-run time of 3:21.dddddddddddd578, and was unable to win Canadas first medal in the sport. However, her fourth place set a new Canadian-best finish, which she hopes to improve upon as part of the Canadian squad in the team relay event, which starts on Thursday. "Im happy to have been here, I just wish I had done a bit better," Gough said. "Im going to come out and give my best for the team relay, thats always our best event." Calgarys Kimberly McRae, who said she was aiming for a top-10 finish, was happy with her performance after posting a combined time of 3:21.895 for fifth place. "Putting down consistent runs worked so well for me," McRae said. "Now Im going to keep working hard. I have a long summer ahead and well see what happens next year." Arianne Jones, also of Calgary, finished with a time of 3:23.183 for 13th place. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '
Върнете се в началото
Вижте профила на потребителя Изпратете лично съобщение
Създайте нова тема   Напишете отговор    Horo.bg Форуми Форуми // Фестивали и конкурси Часовете са според зоната GMT + 2 Часа
Страница 1 от 1

Идете на:  
Не Можете да пускате нови теми
Не Можете да отговаряте на темите
Не Можете да променяте съобщенията си
Не Можете да изтривате съобщенията си
Не Можете да гласувате в анкети